Two Spoke Forums banner

6861 - 6880 of 6881 Posts

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,861 ·
How the actual hell have I ridden bikes all these years and never had one of these awesome cycling hats? Soaks up sweat, no weird helmet marks/indents in my forhead and I think we can all agree just dead sexy too.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
awww man, i've made it this far without one and swore i would not buy one as long as no one brought it up......now I have to search one out.

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
How the actual hell have I ridden bikes all these years and never had one of these awesome cycling hats? Soaks up sweat, no weird helmet marks/indents in my forhead and I think we can all agree just dead sexy too.
View attachment 52531
A question that really needs to be answered :D

Reactions: fpl1

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,864 ·
I need to find a cool funny one now. I must say one con of the thing is that the awesome fabric that wicks sweat and makes it great...stinks to high heaven. Might need to find a wool one.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
I just bought a can of Musher's Secret Paw Protection Wax for canine companion Chip. I hope my surgeon will soon clear me to return to the saddle. When that happy day arrives, Chip will accompany me on most rides as he has for the last couple of years. Musher's secret is supposed to protect paws from both heat and cold while allowing them to breathe. Chip does a lot of running beside me as I ride, and I want to be proactive about protecting his paws.

I've considered boots, but he really hates them and his paws are small enough to make proper fitment an issue. I am also concerned that boots might harm his ability to properly dissipate heat through his paws. The initial Musher's application went well. Going into the warmer months, I hope to give him the option to run more and ride less, though the choice to run or ride is nearly always left up to him. Whether running or riding, he is always down to log mileage with me.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,870 ·
I was very disappointed when my new Thousand helmet got here. My big OJ Simpson head was on the big end of their size large helmet. It did fit but the shape was wrong for my head. Sent it back. I may try a POC helmet next.

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,871 ·
Buying a new bike lock is a special kind of hatefulness. On one hand you have to have it. On the other hand no lock is 100% secure and doing research is depressing. I ended up getting the Abus Bardo combo lock. It’s secure enough for my area and uses and it was one of the lightest at just over a pound. Still I hate adding this kind of weight to the bike. I do like the mount though. I’ll probably leave it off the bike unless I know I’ll need it. I also got a 4’ kriptonite cable for the wheels.

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
Buying a new bike lock is a special kind of hatefulness. On one hand you have to have it. On the other hand no lock is 100% secure and doing research is depressing. I ended up getting the Abus Bardo combo lock. It’s secure enough for my area and uses and it was one of the lightest at just over a pound. Still I hate adding this kind of weight to the bike. I do like the mount though. I’ll probably leave it off the bike unless I know I’ll need it. I also got a 4’ kriptonite cable for the wheels. View attachment 52654
Sucks.... guess I’m lucky in that regard. I’m 2.5 hours from home and can’t remember if I locked the front door or not before I left. Not worried in the least bit either. Wouldn’t even know where to begin looking for a bike lock :)

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,874 ·
Here in BFE Ohio it’s not a huge problem but I won’t take chances. It’s either in my sight/hands or it’s locked up. 😃

·
Old, fat, and slow
803 Posts
I don't worry if I locked the door ... because it is called "Breaking and entering" for a reason. I don't like leaving my bike unlocked because while it is called "common decency," the term is actually defined as "irony," because so few people have the common decency to leave other people's stuff alone.

I have had a few bikes "liberated---one recovered---and one I lost was built-from-scrap Schwinn which I made into a touring bike and rode from Florida to Virginia. I did Not like losing that one.

Now I go shopping with a three-pound chain---just to Look locked---and when I go to the gym I use two locks---for the same reason. I figure a ne'er-do-well passing by might try his hand at picking one lock but not two. Of course, anyone with an angle-grinder--probably stolen--can defeat any security system, but the 95% of retards who would mess with my bikes won't be prepared that well, and the five percent who are, wouldn't bother stealing any bike I'd risk locking up.

As for my good bikes ... I would leak down my leg before I would run into a bathroom and leave the bike outside, unlocked, for even those thirty seconds. Coming back and not finding your bike is like a punch in the stomach, a kick in the balls, and a knife in the heart all at once.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
After the results I got after installing a set on my folding MTB, I decided on another set of Kool Stop brake pads for the recumbent. Also brass bells for both the 'bent and MTB, though only one is pictured here. The other is already installed.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
Agreed on the pads but must kudo the rock bros bell on the commuter after trying a few others.....pierces earbuds to get zombie attention from a good distance, minimalist design.

6861 - 6880 of 6881 Posts