Two Spoke Forums banner

6881 - 6900 of 6911 Posts

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,882 ·
How the everlivin’ hell have I made it all these years without a feedbag? Amazing piece of kit!

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,300 Posts
Also dandy for holding bear spray, should you find yourself in an area where carrying it is advised ;).

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Just swapped out for a new handlebar last night also added a bar extension for my new Fenix light yeah forgot the model just got it. Also added a double leg center stand ND week or so should have a new rack to Wald paperboy basket.
Oh almost forgot about a set of tektro Orion 4 piston brakes.

Attachments

·
Old, fat, and slow
860 Posts
Dude, someone attached an electric leaf-blower or something to your bike ..........

More seriously, is that home-grown? A kit? Does is drive the small chainring with a gear? Or is it just the air conditioner for cooling the tent on hot nights?

I use the same light bar on my other Worskwell, which has wheel issues ---unrelated to the light bar, so don't worry ... :D .... very handy device.

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Yeah I did 😁

Beats the hell out of showing up to work all sweated up. Not to mention getting home easier after a long night. It's a kit bafang bbs02. Just put the bar

Reactions: newleaf150

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,889 ·
That saddle is a beauty!

Reactions: bikebum1975

·
Old, fat, and slow
860 Posts
Interesting .... I checked out the Bafang site. . Not an option I will be choosing today, but a very handy option. I have been doing more utility/commuting riding lately and there are times where i get a call when I am halfway home and have to go a few more miles, and my legs say, "Really? Really? You will pay for this."

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,891 ·
Rad Bike Adventures posted a video about the Radrunner e-bike they just bought. I know a lot of cyclists shit on e-bike users but it really does have it’s applications. Especially if you are trying to live more car free.

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Nigal that is the exact reason I got the motor. I don't have a car so this is the best option for me getting to work with energy to do my job. I love riding to much to give it up plus it keeps me from going ballistic some days lol.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,893 ·
And the biggest reason you already gave; showing up to work sweaty. We ha e an office about 8 miles away and when I get to work there I ride. It was maybe 70 degrees the other morning and I was fricking SWIMMING in my underwear by the time I go there. I’ll just break down and take a change of clothes from here on out.
Congrats on the great rig!

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Thanks man. Yeah that's the other benefit not being sweaty. Besides I don't have a shower option. Also getting there in the winter faster is a bonus. Plus bragging rights to coworkers that think I'm nuts. Why don't you get a car? Don't need one got a motor.

The other factor on the motor it's just plain fun to ride it

·
Mom's Taxi
4,730 Posts
My congressman has a bill before the house to give up to $1500 tax credit on the purchase of an ebike. He has never given any of the details of the bill. Have to wait and see about the purchase of one.

·
Old, fat, and slow
860 Posts
So .... is it his brother-in-law or his cousin? Who has the e-bike distributorship, I mean.

Yeah, I think e-bikes would drastically---like by a factor of five--increase bicycle use .... up to the point where I might see another cyclist three or four times in a day. More seriously, they are perfect to get more people to use alternative transport---with all the money the city is putting into bike lanes, it just makes sense. After all, weather, traffic, and physical fitness are the three issues stopping people from riding ... and e-bikes help with fitness and make the weather more tolerable ("15-mph breeze while you're riding!")

The biggest bonus---if anyone passes me, I can say, "He was probably riding an e-bike."

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,300 Posts
Locally, e-bike use has absolutely exploded. I see at least one about every time I hit the saddle. Those 20" wheeled fat tire bikes are especially popular, but I see all types, even a couple of bakfiets! I like the idea of using one on place of a car, but haven't yet made the leap. Mrs. Newleaf loves hers, and I've logged the odd few hours of fun 'test riding' it for various reasons.

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Thanks man. Yeah that's the other benefit not being sweaty. Besides I don't have a shower option. Also getting there in the winter faster is a bonus. Plus bragging rights to coworkers that think I'm nuts. Why don't you get a car? Don't need one got a motor.

The other factor on the motor it's just plain fun to ride it

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Of course new parts show when you have to go to work. Damn rack is massive but surprisingly light

Attachments

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Finally got the new rack on this morning. Only thing I think I'm going to add to it are a couple flashers. Also looking for a fender light

Attachments

6881 - 6900 of 6911 Posts