6921 - 6940 of 6980 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,686 Posts
Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,071 Posts
Camping, pwr outage, bug out equipment.........pwr station that charges off wall or 12v in car or solar panel & 100w folding solar panel setup.........

Product Yellow Kitchen appliance Font Output device

Light Automotive lighting Product Solar panel Mesh

.....$130 each piece. pwr station has 2 usb, usb-c, ac, ac grounded & 12v round options and a led light on it. solar panel will run fon, laptop, tablet directly off it or charge stuff directly off it as well. you can even charge car/motorcycle/boat/generator battery directly off solar panel as well........

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,538 Posts
They haven't arrived yet, so no pics, but I've had to order another kickstand foot for canine companion Chip's Burley Coho XC trailer. This makes foot #3, with the prior replacement having gone on last year. Same mode of failure: the rubber cracks and allows the foot to fall free from its mount. I ordered a 2nd replacement as this appears to be a consumable item. Also ordered a replacement skid guard as the old one seems the worse for wear. Not bad for some ~2500mi of towing fun.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,538 Posts
Today I spotted a dangerous sign on the side of the road: "Community Garage Sale - Thurs to Sun". Having time to spare, I followed the arrow into the community. There weren't many sellers out on a Thursday morning, but one of them had this:
She wanted $30, took $25. An old school cool Specialized Rock Hopper Comp. Looks entirely bone stock save for the saddle. The tires were flat but still capable of taking pressure, and the front brake was present but lacking sufficient cable slack to be closed and used.

The frame is a bit small for my long-legged self, but I love this era of MTBs and it looked so sad sitting there with its flat tires and rusted chain that I had to take it with me :giggle:. I brought it home and swapped the cantilever front brake for a more modern v-brake. It uses a u-brake in back, so that'll likely go back on after some cleaning. The tires took damage from being flat while sitting on concrete, but they'll work to keep it rolling while I play with the rest of the mechanical pieces.

Plans? Not sure yet. I may simply fix it up and donate it, or keep it as a 'guest' bike. Time will tell. For now, it's all about lubrication, upgrades, and adjustments.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,538 Posts
This afternoon, I ordered a set of Panaracer XC Pro tires for my folding MTB after discovering some casing damage on the current set. I ordered them in black-red-black, which is a fancy way of saying black tires with red sidewalls.

Apparently, I got the last two as the site I used is now (like most every other site offering them) showing the tires as out of stock. I hope their inventory system is accurate and that they actually have the pair I ordered available to ship. The casing damage on the present tires isn't bad, but does invite catastrophic failure which I prefer to avoid.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,538 Posts
This afternoon, I ordered a set of Panaracer XC Pro tires for my folding MTB after discovering some casing damage on the current set. I ordered them in black-red-black, which is a fancy way of saying black tires with red sidewalls.

Apparently, I got the last two as the site I used is now (like most every other site offering them) showing the tires as out of stock. I hope their inventory system is accurate and that they actually have the pair I ordered available to ship. The casing damage on the present tires isn't bad, but does invite catastrophic failure which I prefer to avoid.
Well, crap. Turns out the site referenced above had inventory problems: they had one of the two tires I wanted. Credit where it's due for them getting back to me quickly. I still canceled the whole order. I need a pair of tires and don't want to gamble on finding another singleton given the current supply issues. The bike may end up wearing a set of blackwall tires for a while. Red walls with knobbies are not easily found.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,071 Posts
Today I spotted a dangerous sign on the side of the road: "Community Garage Sale - Thurs to Sun". Having time to spare, I followed the arrow into the community. There weren't many sellers out on a Thursday morning, but one of them had this:
View attachment 53147 She wanted $30, took $25. An old school cool Specialized Rock Hopper Comp. Looks entirely bone stock save for the saddle. The tires were flat but still capable of taking pressure, and the front brake was present but lacking sufficient cable slack to be closed and used.

The frame is a bit small for my long-legged self, but I love this era of MTBs and it looked so sad sitting there with its flat tires and rusted chain that I had to take it with me :giggle:. I brought it home and swapped the cantilever front brake for a more modern v-brake. It uses a u-brake in back, so that'll likely go back on after some cleaning. The tires took damage from being flat while sitting on concrete, but they'll work to keep it rolling while I play with the rest of the mechanical pieces.

Plans? Not sure yet. I may simply fix it up and donate it, or keep it as a 'guest' bike. Time will tell. For now, it's all about lubrication, upgrades, and adjustments.
PM me with more specifics about what this bike needs.....I have LX cantilever brakes, some 7 spd stuff like freewheel or cassette, wedge stems, threaded 1 inch headset stuff, silver answer stem with 90 degree curved brake cable router on it, 25.4 bar selection flat or riser and a coupla color choices and widths, thumbshifters, headset washer with brake cable holder on it, yata yata yata laying around that need to be used instead of hiding in boxes......also, let's chat about fire xc pro black with red sidewall tires.....

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,071 Posts
Yes, Morimoto screw on H1 HID projector bulb retention setup that replaces stupid wire clips......for some retrofitted projector headlights to go in my Mazda 323F that I scored years ago but have never used yet. Thought I was gonna have to bake them open to fix loose projectors but just needed tightening to reflector bowl that I was able to do from the back of the housing. Red loctited the threads and they're good to go except a way to keep the bulbs in place. Already have the 35w ballasts and battery harness from a previous setup........

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive fog light Motor vehicle Auto part

·
Old, fat, and slow
987 Posts
View attachment 53147
I go to yard sales whenever I see a sign, always looking for "that bike" .... glad you found it if I couldn't.

6921 - 6940 of 6980 Posts