Two Spoke Forums banner
6961 - 6980 of 7027 Posts

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,607 Posts
This is what happens when I visit LBSs in person rather than calling around to see who has the tire I need. Took 4 shops to find the tire, a Kenda Kwest in 20x1.50" 100psi. Also a new tube. The Park tire levers, Pedros brush, chain lube, and (not pictured) new spare tube were just bonuses. Yea, that's it: bonuses :D.

·
Two skinny J's
21,752 Posts
Reactions: Merlincustom

·
tall old member
1,482 Posts
They don’t have any shoes to fit me but I gave up on road shoes anyway. All my shoes are mountain except one pair of road shoes I don’t wear anymore.

·
tall old member
1,482 Posts
View attachment 53637
These little fellas. If never used them in my opinion they are superior to the standard Hex wrenches Park sales. Spendy tho.
Those look like they be nice if you are going to use them every day. When I ordered my Lynskey I bought some better tools because I didn’t want to damage my fancy bike. Torque wrench and sockets and some other stuff.
It’s nice to hear from you Sprocket Girl, you brighten up the forum when you post.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,769 Posts
Those look like they be nice if you are going to use them every day. When I ordered my Lynskey I bought some better tools because I didn’t want to damage my fancy bike. Torque wrench and sockets and some other stuff.
It’s nice to hear from you Sprocket Girl, you brighten up the forum when you post.
Absolutely! If not using them daily there are far better deals and more reasonable purchases. But when wrenching all day it’s the way.

I can nearly cry to think how often I forget the love and support of the community here. My apologies for absences. Life spins as wheels do and to be open to the community I struggle with depression. I have finally gained control of it and hope to post more regular.

On upbeat news. Bike shops make me happy.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,196 Posts
Haven't been on here much lately.....dealin with some skin cancer removal or 3 with a graft thrown in for good measure. Some brand new scars that aren't bike related, this time, but are in right spot to be attributed to riding. Been ridin here and there, facin some issue with rr shock on AnthemX and the steam roller is a workout and a half tryin to keep the shenanigans flowin....no biggy but there is something strange coming soon.....in progress. ( cue the horror movie whispers chanting n+1 ).......it involves some leftover red and something weird coming in the mail

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire

stay tuned.....

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,010 Posts
Life spins as wheels do and to be open to the community I struggle with depression.
Spent a Lot of time and energy stuck in that swamp .... and it is often no more than two mis-steps away. I feel for you.
I have finally gained control of it and hope to post more regular.
Congrats. It took me decades of self-medication, then decades of hard exercise, yoga, tai chi, and qigong, meditation, exercise, and a lot of reading about how to get at least a measure of control of my own mind ... and a Ton of help from friends who gave generously of themselves when I was unable to give anything good in return.

Whatever got you to a better place .... awesome. And if you ever forget how good you are, just ask the people here.

On upbeat news. Bike shops make me happy.
Meh .... bike shops .... Now, Riding my bike makes me happy. :D (Your literarilly poetic posts, too, as a rule ..... ( and yes, I know it isn't a "word" :D )

But seriously ... if you feel like you are too worthless to have anything to say ... say that here. This is one place where no one will treat you badly or look askance at you no matter what ..... this is a safe haven.

6961 - 6980 of 7027 Posts