Two Spoke Forums banner
7001 - 7020 of 7020 Posts

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
I have been looking for a nice trunk bag for awhile and lusting after some of the Sacksfill bags at Rivendell I found this great simple bag from Ironweed. Made in Iowa and only $75 which is a lot cheaper than most cottage companies such as Swift. Can you guess which photo sold me?

View attachment 54119
View attachment 54120
Did it come with the beer?

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,004 ·
Sigh….this was one of those things that I had a really hard time buying. It’s not a “need”. It was expensive and I’m going to regret it until I get to sit on it…Gilles Bertoud Aspin.
Bicycle part Auto part Font Metal Electric blue

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,005 ·
Good to know Sprocket! Got this cage put on yesterday and I’m really impressed with the straps and who they are rubberized a bit to avoid slipping.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,194 Posts
wunna deezes..............Garmin GSC10 cadence/speed transmitter - aero tube......hoping it's right one. Trusting the manual on it.

Vehicle Tire Wood Flooring Automotive tire
Water Landscape Event Building House

the sensors I already got were for crank arm and spoke that pass by the gsc10 and send the speed and cadence info to the 305.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,194 Posts
I got this as a Christmas present. It’s a Bluetooth phone holder/speaker/headlight/horn/bell/hands free speaker phone. I’ll have to see how well the headlight works before I remove that other headlight. I know the one on the left is good.
View attachment 54179
what brand is this? All i'm finding is rock bros and some other one that looks same as theirs and nowhere as cool as yours......

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,010 ·
Finally got the new tires and seat on. The tires were a mollycocker to get on and I managed to break a spoke. I know there is a Plosebo phase when you first get new gear on but I really can tell an instant difference in the ride. My Brooks B17 has between 600-700 miles and well broken in and the Giles Bertough out of the box is better.
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire

Wheel Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim Crankset

Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,597 Posts
Finally got the new tires and seat on. The tires were a mollycocker to get on and I managed to break a spoke. I know there is a Plosebo phase when you first get new gear on but I really can tell an instant difference in the ride. My Brooks B17 has between 600-700 miles and well broken in and the Giles Bertough out of the box is better. View attachment 54197
View attachment 54198
View attachment 54199
Sweet! Gumwall tires have never been my thing, but I'm a fan of that tread pattern and overall look. The saddle looks like it might be interesting to adjust, but wonderful once the adjustments are done. I'm interested to hear how it works out for you.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,012 ·
Sweet! Gumwall tires have never been my thing, but I'm a fan of that tread pattern and overall look. The saddle looks like it might be interesting to adjust, but wonderful once the adjustments are done. I'm interested to hear how it works out for you.
I like the fact the leather isn’t riveted on and they are actual bolts. You can replace any part on the thing. The tires feel so cushy and seem to actually roll easier. I’ll have to egt out for at least 20 miles this weekend and get a better gage on things.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,597 Posts
I understand modern BOB Yak trailers have integrated bosses for water bottles at the rear of the trailer. My secondhand model is old enough to lack such niceties. Fortunately, lots of people make adapters to mount water bottle cages in all manner of odd ways.

First, I bought these cool straps from SKS. There are a total of 4 straps forming 2x pair.
Electric blue Wood Fashion accessory Font Shadow
I like their quality and the wrench at the LBS said they love them and use them on rental bikes pretty much daily. Hooray!

Unfortunately, they do not cinch down far enough to attach solidly. I should have caught that before I threw money on the counter, so to speak. So be it. I can still use them, just not for this project. Back to the search. Many options for fat tubes. Many fewer for very narrow tubes.

I don't usually shop with Bezos' Beauty, but got a gift card for them for Christmas. Found these guys:
Motor vehicle Magenta Font Plastic Auto part
They are made of squishy rubber silicone stuff which seems in my experience to either break almost immediately or last nearly forever. Hopefully these will be the latter.

More to come: I also bought a new helmet headlight only to discover that my helmet itself is broken internally: 2 little plastic pieces which hold the rear headband in place have snapped off. Not sure how it happened, but I'm calling it marginally safe at best and looking into replacements.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,597 Posts
A new Giro Montaro MIPS helmet, pretty much just like the old one save for the color. Note the break-away camera/light mount on top. My old Montaro served with distinction until breakage of some of the halo pieces took it out of action. It was also going on 6 years old.
Bicycle helmet Helmet Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Sports gear Automotive design

With the new helmet light attached.
Sports equipment Automotive design Sports gear Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Now my O-tis Helmet Speakers and MP3 player. I think I'm going to swap to a red player. It just seems right somehow :).
Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Helmet Sports gear Bicycle helmet Bicycle clothing
Helmet Sports gear Automotive lighting Sports equipment Automotive design

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,597 Posts
cool, most of my lids are Giros......
It must be because you have excellent taste :cool:.

More seriously, Giro helmets seem to fit my head securely over everything from a do rag in the summer to balaclava and fleece cap during serious winter rides. Assuming those happen again; it's been a while. In any event, this time around I wanted the Montaro specifically due to the break away action cam mount offered by that model. I just recently found a helmet light I really like which uses that mount type.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,597 Posts
I bought the first of these lights to mount to my helmet. Then I realized that if I bought a 2nd one, I would end up with a pair of good quality metal handlebar mounts. The first light, mounted on my helmet, doesn't need the handlebar mount. Both my recumbent and folding MTB could use a proper headlight. Hopefully I will be able to add a mount to both bikes, then swap the light back and forth as needed.
Cable Gadget Gas Wire Electric blue

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,194 Posts
Hoping this becomes a purchase.....vanmoof belt drive alfine disc commuter......bidding for it on ebay. Doubt level on winning it is high tho.

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Reactions: maelochs

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,020 ·
That is a cool bike! I like bikes that are different. I want a Pashly Guv’nor or a Speed 5 next.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim Wheel

7001 - 7020 of 7020 Posts